Now that it’s finally going to be spring in New York, I’m ready to transition to a different moisturizer that’s better suited for warmer weather. I recently received a full size sample of Aveeno Positively Radiant Intensive Night Cream from influenster, which I’ve been testing for the past few weeks.
As I get older, I’ve noticed that my skin becomes increasingly drier and more sensitive every year. What worked for me six months ago might not work now, and what worked during summer definitely won’t during winter. I need something that will be gentle and moisturizing without feeling heavy.
Things I like about Aveeno Positively Radiant Intensive Night Cream:
- Oil-free! Not that I’m against products that do contain oil, but my skin is so dry that I only wash my face at night and my makeup stays on better the next day when I use oil-free products.
- It’s formulated with ACTIVE NATURALS® Total Soy Complex with vitamin B3, which helps reduce the appearance of discoloration, uneven tone, and blotchiness. If you’re a longtime reader of Delayed Missives, you know that I suffer terribly from uneven skintone and hyperpigmentation because I have a lot of melanin in my skin. I haven’t noticed any brightening, but I typically wouldn’t expect to see those results until month two or three of using the cream.
- Very rich and moisturizing. It actually feels like a night cream– many so-called night creams I’ve used don’t feel any different from regular moisturizer.
Things I don’t like:
- If you can believe it, I actually think it’s too moisturizing for my skin– I use the night cream on my face and neck (as directed) and find that my skin feels sticky in the morning.
- Initially caused an increase in breakouts during the first two weeks of testing. I’m now using a tiny bit of the cream very sparingly. Either that worked or my skin got used to it because the breakouts tapered off again.
- Scent. The floral scent is very strong and bothers my spring allergies. I’m so allergic to the scent of flowers that I couldn’t see myself using this product on a regular basis. A fragrance-free option would be great.
Have you tried Aveeno Positively Radiant Intensive Night Cream? And what are you thoughts on using a special night cream in addition to your daily moisturizer?
Disclosure: I received a sample from influenster. All thoughts and opinions are my own. This post contains affiliate links.