This blog is powered by WordPress.org with the Genesis Framework and Foodie child theme. Like the look? Both are available at StudioPress.
For many years, I designed all of my child themes by myself. However, I’ve recently seen the light regarding my own graphic design skills and am so much happier now that I get a little help. That said, I still do a lot of modifications to my theme. Some of my favorite resources for DIY design are listed below:
- Color Hexa – my favorite site for finding that perfect font color.
- scriptygoddess Proportional Scaler – the blog is no longer updated, but this is a great tool that automatically calculates pixel proportions if you need to scale up or scale down an image.
- Brush Portfolio – free photoshop brushes!
- Fonts curated by A Subtle Revelry – I haven’t used any of them, but this is an amazing selection of beautiful free fonts.
- The social media icons at the bottom of my about page are probably freebies from Carrie Loves Design. I’m not sure where they are on the web because I think they’re actually freebies from Carrie’s previous company. That website is no longer active and has been rebranded into Carrie Loves Design.
Leave a Reply