Free People Holiday is my absolute favorite catalog of the entire year and always a great resource for holiday dressing inspiration. I love the party dresses and covet them every year. What do you think, do you like Free People’s approach to holiday as much as I do?
P.S. I ducked into Free People yesterday to see some of these pieces in person and am seriously in love with the sequins. The holiday store decorations are seriously sparking, too. Wish I had some of these lanterns to decorate with!
Fashion Beauty Friend Friday by ModlyChic this week is about holiday party attire! I bought two sweaters and a dress this month. The dress is a present to myself, and I’ll probably wear it Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. I might even wrap it for myself to open too, I’m silly like that!
1. Which holiday party are you looking forward to attending this year? The best party every year for me is also the smallest and probably the most casual. I know, a bit shocking. I am really looking forward to the Secret Santa party my friends from high school have every year. I think we’ve been having it since sometime during middle school! It’s always girls only but this year we’re doing something different and having an actual dinner (pot-luck style, and I’m looking for a wheat-free, vegetarian, lactose-free recipe— if you have any of those let me know). I guess now that we’re into our twenties some crazy people go to sleep and get up for work the next day. Personally I’d just skip the sleep, but I’m a half-crazed insomniac all the time.
2. What is your go-to holiday party outfit? I actually… don’t have one. What usually happens is that I try to plan something but it doesn’t work and I end up switching a lot of it last minute! I think I was actually better at holiday dressing when I was under the age of five…
I tend to wear
pajamas dresses festive seasonal attire as I check out the latest technological gadgets…
and almost always black…
and red! Especially red accessories!
3. Do you go dressed in something that would be impractical to wear at any other time of the year? Do I ever dress practically? :) I don’t wear Christmas sweaters, although I had and loved bell earrings when I was younger. I don’t know what happened to them now, I should definitely comb through my jewelry boxes!
Rodarte for Target before I was seriously taking photos of myself. It’s not impractical, but honestly it’s a bit boring. Although it could have just been me, I was majorly ill last year :(
4. If you are going to a house-party what gift will you bring to the host/hostess? Alcohol. Santa Margherita, Bombay Sapphire, or something else like that. And gifts for the children (if there are any). Maybe local gourmet chocolates or candies, but definitely nothing more if it’s catered or a dinner party.
(a Merry Christmoose mimosa from last year)
5. If you could buy only one trendy piece to update your holiday party wardrobe, what would you get this year? I am really tempted to buy this J.Crew belt, it’s on extreme sale right now. I know, it’s totally insane but I feel like it would actually be versatile. Wear with a dress, a tee, over a jacket… it could totally transform an outfit!
I desperately wanted a silver snakeskin Katherine Kwei bag too, it’s much too expensive now though. I really regret not getting it but I have to give other people presents, not just myself!