Notes on a weekend:
1. Get a mango sriracha (cocktail) and spicy pork sausage and rice cakes at momofuku ssam bar. The poached chicken is just okay– not enough black garlic.
2. Saturdays in the West Village haven’t been wrecked by sidewalks too crowded to walk down… yet. Go. Now. But don’t walk into Burberry Brit. You will cry.
3. If you happen to find yourself at Megu, skip the edamamae tree (the $18 one) but do get the beef carpaccio. Also, the mirror by the bathrooms is trippy. Be careful out there.
4. Soup dumplings at Shanghai Cafe are great for brunch as well as dinner.
5. This is my cousin. She visited from Washington, D.C.
Notes on clothing in these photos:
Simply Vera Vera Wang for Kohl’s jacket | Laugh Cry Repeat shirt | Francesca’s Collections cardigan| DL1961 Emma legging jeans | Cole Haan Air Tali Wedge | B Makowsky bag (similar tote style) | Coach sunglasses | Steven Alan sweater | J Brand leather pants | Tory Burch flats | Juicy couture sunglasses
While looking at the menu photo, I was thinking ” I hope she gets the mango sriracha” AND YOU DID! Are we psychically linked?
The mirrors are trippy, but in a good, crazy, draw you in to the photo and don’t let you go kind of way;) Sounds like a fabulous weekend.
Such a fun weekend! I love both flats in the pic!
Megan Zietz says
Aw it looks like you guys had a blast!
looks like a really fun weekend! That mirror is crazy, and I’m glad you are loving your new pink pants to death.
Alex Elizabeth says
I caved and wore them again yesterday, haha.
Ahhhhh, you are making me so hungreeeeeee. Good thing I have pork noodle soup in the kitchen.
Kristin & Megan says
You and your cousin are adorable!
Fashion By Alicia says
Love the photos! Looks like a fun weekend!!
loving all of those pictures
wish i was there right now
I love both of your outfits! You two must have had an amazing time this weekend and oh yes! Burberry brit store would make me cry! I have a Burberry store about 1/2 a block from my place!
Alex Elizabeth says
I would not be able to deal with a Burberry that close to me… or rather my credit card would not!
Aww, you and your cousin are so cute! Glad that you two had a good time :)