16 August 2011
This is what happens when I try to get creative with my poses. Awkward. I’m really terrible at twirl photos, and this is the best one I have.
Light on the accessories. I’m wearing my grandmother’s vintage engagement ring and wedding band. They’re a little small for my right hand, but I think they go well with a ring passed to me from a friend’s grandmother (costume jewelry, I would never take anything meaningful).
I’ve recently become obsessed with this sweater again. I used to love it when I was younger… I think I’ve had it since I was sixteen. I spent most of the day applying for jobs, which is really coincidental with this week’s FBFF questions: dream jobs!
1. Fess up – if you could do anything professionally what would it be? Personal shopper! Or professional gift buyer.
2. What draws you to this? I like helping people select clothing that fits and that they actually want to wear. I want to make people feel good about themselves. My friends have been requesting my services since about the 8th grade and they still call me to say I need this, take me shopping!
3. When did you first start dreaming about this ideal? Ehhh… recently? Last December, when I decided to stop searching for jobs in politics and international affairs (what my degree is in) because after a year it led to nothing and was making me sad. So instead I started interning for a jewelry company in New York.
4. What’s holding you back from going all in? Truthfully, I don’t know that it would still be something I would want to do if it was an actual full time job. And running your own business is hard, I’d rather work for a company because I’d have more exposure to the fashion world and I think I’d have more opportunities to meet people as well. But perhaps I’ll revisit the idea in ten years or so.
5. Sometimes the first step is the hardest… what’s one step you can take now on the way to realizing your dream? I’m applying for jobs in fashion right now, specifically in PR, marketing, and social media. If you know of any openings send them my way!