I don’t wear shorts very often because I feel like they de-age me by about ten years, which is something that I’m actually trying to avoid. Anyone else have the problem of appearing too young? Generally I think it’s most problematic in the workplace (clients don’t take you seriously, you can have difficulty establishing authority, etc.), but it can just be a problem, period. I’ve even had cashiers in stores ask me if I wanted to use my mother’s rewards account for purchases. Oy.
So. I don’t wear shorts too often. But when I do, I wear them with a slightly dressier top, a nice necklace, and I try to avoid flip flops (unless I’m headed for the beach). This formula works out well for me, and on cool nights I like to add a blazer instead of a sweater. A blazer looks a little bit more grown up on me than a cardigan does.
- Banana Republic blouse [past season by at least four seasons]
- Not sure where the shorts came from — the tag has come off
- J.Crew sunflower necklace [old, but it was a popular style so some are probably floating around on eBay]
- Cole Haan Air Tali [on super sale at Nordstrom]
- LV Neverfull MM [found a few on Tradesy]