Dear Shen Dove,
This morning I was able to sit down for some blog reading for the first time since… April? I had to let reading blogs go while I was in school, and then I had to let blogging go, too. It was hard for me to do that. The best part about blogging is the wonderful community of friends I’ve made over the past few years.
It was also hard for me to do nothing but programming for months and months. I really like application development, but I also realized that it’s important to lead a balanced life— physically and mentally. That’s almost impossible to do when you need to be at school 80+ hours/week. Lack of balance in your lifestyle is very unhealthy. You can eat healthily, but if you can’t be social or take a breath of fresh air, you will suffer for it.
I’ve only been able to catch up with a few blogs so far. Here are some of my favorite posts of the batch I recently read:
- And Then We Saved wrote a piece on why we should stop apologizing.
- Doesn’t Zoella’s office look like a wonderful place to settle in with some emails?
- I tend to wear black in the winter and colorful prints in the summer, but if I wore more black in the summer…
- Dancing Branflakes wrote a post about body image that I absolutely loved.
- Mia (of the duo of Reading in Skirts) is wearing some pretty amazing fancy pants.
I hope you had a great weekend and are enjoying these long summer days!